When making a sale, you may be asked to provide an invoice to your buyer - so please read this guide which outlines the information required and how to send this important document through the Vinterior platform.
In this article we will review:
- Example of a standard invoice:
- What information should you include in this invoice?
- Where can you find the buyers billing information?
- How do you send an invoice on Vinterior?
1. Example of a standard invoice:
Please use this format for reference if you have not created an invoice before.
2. What information should you include in this invoice?
- Your business name, address and VAT number (if applicable)
- The buyer’s business name, address and VAT number (if applicable)
- Vinterior order number
- Description of the item(s) and quantity
- Selling price(s) on Vinterior: it should match the final price paid by the buyer
- Delivery cost (if applicable)
- VAT breakdown (if applicable)
Do not include details of the Vinterior commission. This is a separate charge between your business and Vinterior and is not relevant to the buyer’s accounting.
3. Where can you find the buyers billing information?
Registered trade accounts:
Within the confirmation email sent to you once a new sale has been accepted, under the ‘Invoicing Information’ section.
General consumers with a buyer account:
You won’t receive any billing details in the confirmation email, so if a general consumer requests an invoice, you will have to request the information from them.
4. How do you send an invoice on Vinterior?
When the buyer replies, it will leave a thread so you can come back to it for reference. You should also be notified via an automated Vinterior email when the buyer gets in touch