Vinterior facilitates any sale between you and a buyer, but Vinterior are not acting as a principal. Therefore, you are in charge of providing an invoice for any item sold on our platform.
What amount should I put on the invoice?
This means that the invoice that needs to be raised between you and the client should be for the full item value and not the amount received from Vinterior, which is net of the commission. The Vinterior team can send you a VAT invoice for the commission element.
How should I send the invoice?
- Log in to your Vinterior account.
- Go to My Dashboard.
- Go to My Sales and click on the relevant order.
- Go to my Inbox and click on the relevant thread.
- Click "Contact Buyer" or "See Thread".
- Need to send a PDF invoice?
- Attach the photographs with the ‘Choose File” button next to the “Send” button directly on the Vinterior platform via the conversation.
- Do not send the invoice with the package, most trade buyers need it digitally as they send their invoices to their accountants.
- When the trade buyer replies, it will leave a thread so you can come back to it for reference. You should also be notified via an automated Vinterior email when the buyer gets in touch
All of the information you need about generating and sending invoices to Vinterior buyers can be found here.
Vinterior Tip: Please note the following; these instructions are to ensure you can provide an invoice post-sale for the order. This is not an invoice to be made and to be sent outside of Vinterior before the sale has been made. This is to ensure the following:
- Payment is made on Vinterior.
- You are protected for the item cost and delivery cost should there be a dispute.