This article explains Vinterior’s delivery partnership pilot with the EU furniture delivery company, GoVintage launching on April 12th 2023.
Partnering with GoVintage
Thanks to your seller feedback, we know that EU-to-UK delivery can be tricky for our sellers post-Brexit, and this is something that Vinterior have wanted to solve for sellers for some time. Following the success of our UK-to-UK delivery partnership, Vinterior is happy to announce that we are now launching an EU delivery pilot with the well-known courier GoVintage who have been in the antique and fine art transport industry for more than 5 years.
What does GoVintage promise sellers?
- Collection and delivery in less than 14 days
- Vinterior handles all customs paperwork and collection of import VAT on behalf of the buyer
- Premium support Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM CET
- Automatically booked deliveries - the seller doesn’t have to do anything.
What items can be shipped with GoVintage?
- EU seller items from the following countries: Netherlands, Belgium, and specific areas of Germany and France:
- Items for UK delivery within London and the South East
- Items categorised as medium, large or extra-large in Vinterior’s delivery size grid.
What are the delivery prices?
We have negotiated exclusive delivery rates that include custom agency fees and are based on Vinterior’s delivery grid:
- Medium items: £205
- Large items: £230
- Extra Large items: £300
*These are lower than if sellers work individually with GoVintage.
If you have multiple items to ship, GoVintage can offer the following bundle prices inclusive of agency fees:
What is the sign-up process for EU sellers taking part?
We will be shipping DDP, meaning that import documentation will be prepared, and import VAT will be collected and paid upfront on the buyer’s behalf. To do this before the launch:
- Eligible EU sellers with an EORI number will need to sign up for our pilot here
- Sellers must then sign a customs agency consent contract
- Vinterior will match your items to the correct commodity code to determine the import VAT amount due on import, and we will ask you to approve these
- If you offer antiques, a statement of authenticity will be required
- Vinterior will then ask for your consent to increase your listing price to include any import VAT %.
What is the order process for EU sellers taking part?
Once on-boarded onto the pilot, Vinterior will arrange everything for you and pay GoVintage on your behalf (less our commission):
- When you confirm a sale, the information will be sent to GoVintage. Orders will be sent once a day at 11 AM, so please expect GOVintage confirmation notification by latest 12 AM.
- Vinterior will then liaise with GOVintage to send a commercial invoice and prepare the customs documentation. Once it's ready, we will send you a copy for your record.
- In the meantime, GoVintage will reach out to you directly to confirm your preferred collection time and date.
What dates will the pilot be running?
Between April 12th and June 13th 2023
What do I need to do to take part?
Eligible EU sellers need an EORI number to sign up for the pilot. If you have one, please sign up here
I don't have an EORI number, how do I get one?
You can register for one here via the European commission.
What are the T&Cs?
By shipping your items via GoVintage, you agree to comply with GoVintage’s T&Cs.
Do I need to update my delivery prices?
No, Vinterior will do this for you the day before the pilot launch
Will the order be tracked?
GoVintage will update you on the progress of your shipment via email. If you have any specific queries regarding the delivery of your item, you can also reach them directly: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +48 789 176 578.
As a seller, who do I need to contact if I need support with a delivery job?
GoVintage will answer all your delivery questions at email@example.com and call +48 789 176 578. Payment and cancellation questions should go to Vinterior as usual
The buyer got in touch with questions regarding the delivery - who should I contact?
GoVintage will always be able to assist you better, as they can provide live updates. You can also direct the buyer to get in touch with GoVintage directly
How do payments work?
Delivery payments will be handled between Vinterior and GoVintage
How can I provide feedback on GoVintage’s delivery service?
Your feedback is essential for the success of the partnership. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.