As of November 2023, sellers can now add videos to their listings. This article goes through, step-by-step how to utilise this new feature.
Why have we added this feature?
Video has become an increasingly important tool in online shopping, increasing buyer trust and confidence when making purchases.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a webpage with video.
- A global consumer survey conducted last year found that nearly half (48%) of respondents said that videos increased their confidence in online purchases.
- 70% of respondents said that having access to video helps them to understand the product better.
Most importantly, sellers such as yourself have been asking for the ability to add video to listings on Vinterior, so we’re excited to support your selling experience by adding this feature.
- Go to your listings page
- Hover over the listing you would like to add a video to, and click ‘Edit’.
- In the edit page, go down to the new video section (below the delivery section)
4. Upload your video from your chosen source.
5. That’s it. Your video will be automatically saved and be viewable on your listing.
- Sellers are only able to currently add video to existing listings, meaning you will need to create your listing before adding a video to them.
- Your file size needs to be less than 50mb.
View our 2-minute how-to video
- Lighting: For best results, film in natural lighting. Please don’t upload videos that are dark or blurry.
- Avoid clutter: Make sure the buyer can see the item clearly in the video, and avoid cluttering the video with other items in the background.
- Don’t gloss over any flaws: This is a great opportunity to showcase your item with all its character.
- Keep it short and sweet: Aim for 10-20 seconds in length.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with uploading a video and we will look into this for you.