When a buyer purchases one of your items, you need to confirm:
- The availability of the item.
- The delivery price.
Vinterior does not permit cash on delivery, so please add in your delivery cost when confirming your order. After you have confirmed the order and added shipping costs, the buyer's card will be charged for the (unless a pre-sale agreement was made for the buyer to collect the item themselves free of charge). The buyer will receive a confirmation email that details the delivery price once the order is confirmed.
Steps to confirm:
- Click Confirm Your Sale on the notification email you have received.
- or go to your My Sales page and click the Update button.
- Confirm availability.
- Delivery price.
- Delivery timeline (please be accurate to avoid disappointed buyers).
- Delivery notes (very important to manage buyer's expectations).
- Please remember that sales will be automatically cancelled by Vinterior if they are not confirmed within 72hours.
- If you are struggling to get a good delivery quote within the allotted 72hrs, please always charge the customer a low amount. Vinterior can then update this price for you once you have agreed on a shipping price with the customer. This will avoid any unpleasant surprises for the buyer because their card is charged for delivery on your confirmation of the sale.
How can I find the buyer's delivery details?
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on 'My Sales'.
- Find the order.
- Click on 'SHOW DELIVERY DETAILS'
When do I receive the delivery costs to pay to the courier?
You are paid for your order and the delivery costs when you mark your order as 'Dispatched'. This triggers Vinterior's automated payment system.
- If you are paid via Stripe Connect and are eligible to be paid on our faster payment terms, you will receive your payment up to 3 working days after marking an order as dispatched.
- If you are paid via Bank Transfer, you can expect payment within 5 working days
Why is cash on delivery not permitted?
This is for protective measures for both you the seller, and the buyer. If the payment is not made via Vinterior, then you will not be protected if:
- The item does not arrive with the buyer (delayed delivery).
- The item is returned because the buyer changed their mind. The non-refundable delivery fee cannot be refunded if it was paid in cash.
- There is an escalation between the buyer and seller.
- The item is lost in transit.
- The item is damaged in transit.